Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh what a beautiful day


I both anticipated and dreaded today—had an appointment with my bariatric doctor. Well, it turned out to be a great day.

First, I discovered that my home scale registers 1.5 pounds higher than my doctor’s super accurate scale. Therefore, I have entered the fabled and phenomenal world of Onederland! That means I have now lost 80 pounds. Wow. I can’t imagine carrying around 80 pounds. Well, sometimes my laptop case feels that heavy. Today I slipped into size 16 jeans, which I haven’t fit since forever. Anderson Cooper’s mom’s name is emblazoned on my shrinking butt (that’s Gloria Vanderbilt, if you didn’t know).

My nutritionist was happy with my progress, although he’d like me to eat more real food. I didn’t need a fill this time. I’m going to work up to some soft protein in the coming weeks, like quiche. Maybe I’ll slow-cook the *bleep* out of some meat.

Of course, progress doesn’t mean perfection. My appointment was at 10 a.m., and since the possibility of a fill loomed over my day, I couldn’t consume anything for four hours ahead of my appointment. I wasn’t going to get up at 4 a.m. to eat, so by the time I hit work, I had been fasting for more than 12 hours. I had a cup of coffee to get the blood flowing, then saw to lunch. I prepared my usual cottage cheese with low-fat bacon bits and sunflower seeds. Unfortunately, I was so hungry I ate too fast and some of it made a return trip. Crazy! I mean, who eats cottage cheese too fast?

In the past, a visit to the “diet doctor” meant free range eating the rest of the day. Not this time. First of all, I can’t gorge like I used to, secondly, I don’t want to have to work off the damage.

So, yeah, it’s a great day, and here’s to plenty more.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment