Saturday, September 24, 2011

The dinner dilemma


This week has made me realize I need to do something different for dinner. As I’ve written before, I don’t get home from work until 8:15 p.m. at the earliest, and sometimes not until 10. By then I’m so hungry I’m cranky.

So far this week I’ve been having leftover chili. Seems like the longer it was in the fridge and reheated, the harder it was to get down. So tonight I changed it up. I had chili from Wendy’s. I liked it. Sort of soupy with a good flavor. I tarted it up with some sriracha sauce. I think I’ll get it without cheese next time because that just made it stringy. I bought the large, and now I have enough for a second meal.

I had lunch a little later today. I had my new favorite: cottage cheese with sunflower seeds and real bacon bits. Lots of protein and bacony taste. I was so nicely filled up that when I went to a meeting later in the day, I wasn’t interested in the brownies the size of your palm that were served. They were from a supermarket and not my favorite kind, so that made it easier. I resisted them today, and I’m thankful for that.

For my midafternoon boost, I tried a new protein flavor. One of my favorite flavors is fake banana, like in Popsicles and candy, and Chike makes a banana flavor that is just right.

As I was leaving work, I checked my tires and discovered a nice little gash in the side of one. So my evening was spent waiting for a couple of new tires, an alignment and an oil change. I didn’t get out until it was too late to visit my husband.

With the weekend coming up, I know my schedule will be messed up. All I can do is my best. And if I mess up, I can always get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment