Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Didn’t eat enough so I ate too much


My eating yesterday wasn’t as good as it could have been. I was rushed in the morning and instead of making my usual 50g protein shake, I made a big latte (sugar free and low fat) for the drive to work. I brought some cheese sticks for breakfast but ended up not eating them. Lunch was my usual cottage cheese with bacon and sunflower seeds.

I had a 28g Chike protein shake for midafternoon, but forgot to bring my cheese sticks for the drive home. Instead I bought some mixed nuts and ate most of the bag before realizing it was a 3-serving bag and the whole mess was 450 calories. Yikes. I figured that would be my dinner, but I was hungry by the time I got home and had some of my Trader Joe’s blueberry goat cheese and crackers. I think my body knows when it hasn’t been kept nourished during the day because the munchies came back later that evening and I reached for some Godiva truffles sitting near the couch. They were good, but not that good. After they were gone, I reached for a big bag of M&Ms I won in a raffle basket. Lucky for me, the bag would not open, so I tossed it aside to take to a party.

Well, my not-on-plan eating didn’t do any damage, but it did me no favors, either. Today I got back on the narrow path with my protein shake for the morning commute, usual lunch, and now I'm having Chobani Greek yogurt for a midafternoon snack. And maybe this time I’ll remember the cheese sticks for the drive home.

I am a work in progress and I need occasional touch-ups.

I read lots of other WLS blogs and get great recipes I want to try on the weekend when I have more time. Reading blogs today compelled me to hop on Amazon and buy PB2, which is powdered peanut butter with most of the fat removed; Atkins all-purpose baking mix; and a 3-pack of Torani sugar-free chocolate syrup. I have not yet tried any WLS-friendly baking recipes, so that should be fun. My daughter bought a countertop doughnut baker, and if I can come up with something high-proteiny and low-carby, I’ll be happy.

See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment