Monday, September 26, 2011

My body is a laboratory


Interesting that eating early and often lets me lose more weight.

Sunday was another sleep-in day because I just can’t be bothered going to bed at a reasonable hour during the week. I woke at—let’s just say the Packers game was into the second half, and it started at 1 p.m. our time. I started my eating day with lattes from my Tassimo. The milk disks contain 2% milk and are about 60 calories. I experimented with a few syrup combos that were less than satisfying, but now I know what I don’t like.

Because of my late start, I didn’t have anything substantial until early evening, and I had a 28g protein shake (Chike vanilla). Daughter and I did errands and shopping until almost 10. Once home, I had to feed the critters—we have a Chihuahua puppy, 2 adult cats, 3 guinea pigs, 1 rabbit, 1 robo-dwarf hamster, 2 parakeets and a canary.  After the animals were fed and the puppy put in her enclosure, I had leftover chili. There wasn’t as much left as I thought, so I supplemented it with some Trader Joe’s goat cheese that comes in a log covered in blueberries smeared on multigrain corn crackers. I topped it off with pistachios. As I watched TV Saturday night, I transferred the nuts into serving-size bags (1/2 cup for unshelled) so I’ll know how much I’m eating.

When I weighed myself Monday morning, I didn’t lose any weight as I had every other day last week, and I wonder if it’s because of my lack of eating. It’s Monday, so I’m back on track. Had my 50g protein shake on the way to work, my cottage cheese with sunflower seeds and bacon bits for lunch, and a 28g protein shake this afternoon (Chike orange, and it tastes like a 50-50 bar). Tonight the daughter wants to go shopping, so I’ll probably have soup at a mall restaurant.

Right now, my only exercise is from walking the aisles shopping, but at least it’s moving. I know I’ll have to add more, but it’s a matter of getting to work earlier so I can do time on the elliptical machine in the company gym. Yes, we have a free gym at work, with showers. It doesn’t have all the machines I’d like, but it’s better than nothing. And did I mention it’s free?

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment