Friday, October 21, 2011

The *slight* downside to losing weight


There’s no downside to losing weight, if you’re doing it because you have excess pounds.

But I have now shrunk down to my last 3 pairs of jeans. I had some size 16s hanging around. Right now they fit just right. One pair’s a little snug, but it stretches so it’s not so bad. I have several 18s in excellent condition that will go to either a friend or Goodwill. Now that I’m a more manageable size, I might even find some thrift shop jeans that fit.

I don’t know what size I wore when I started. I wore lots of skirts with stretchy waists. I saved one to show off when I’m done. I had to “shrink” into some size 22s, and I was happy to get rid of those. Once I fit into jeans, I don’t think I’ve worn a skirt since.

I’ve never been a clothes horse because I was never sure what size I would be. I was always on my way to anther size, either up or down, and I didn’t want to commit to nice clothes. I have a few pieces from the 1970s that I’ll fit someday. I’m fortunate in that I don’t have to dress up for work. Jeans and Converse sneakers every day. I buy new shirts to last through each season. I get the shirts from the tables at Walmart and rarely spend more than $10 on one.

I haven’t been able to find anything just right at Target. Seems like it’s either too small, way too big, or from the maternity rack. So what’s up with Target putting the maternity clothes right next to the plus sizes? And Target doesn’t have any underwear with a size in double-digits. Someday …

This weekend promises good weight loss. The daughter and I plan to hit the mall and a few other big stores, and that means lots of walking. I do have to remember to have a shake before I leave so any mall food won’t destroy my plan.  As long as I can stay away from See’s Candy.

See you next week.

3 comments:

  1. So is the "bad" thing that you can't find good clothes? You don't say specifically ... Funny enough, my daughter recently lost 4 pounds (she didn't need to, but I think she's grown ... whatever). Anyway, she was in 12 for girls and now they are falling off her butt. We still have 10s in the house but I'm hesitant to buy more because I *know* she's going to grow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "bad" thing is that I only have 3 pairs of jeans that fit. Still plus-size, but smaller than before, and Target doesn't have clothes that fit me right. Regular sizes are too small, plus size are too big, and all the cute stuff is in the maternity section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the continued "shrinking" =) I work at target and I feel the same way about the clothes!! They never fit right so I've never actually bought anything from them.. hopefully some day though lol. Have fun at the mall!!!!

    ReplyDelete