Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oops, no pizza


After combing the Internet for pizza dough recipes using Atkins all-purpose baking mix, then shopping for a few needed ingredients, I got home too late to make the pizza. So that’s on the menu for tonight.

My sister is visiting this weekend, so I had to make sure the convertible sofa was clean enough. Sometimes we forget to take off the sheets, but luckily we didn’t forget last time and they’re washed and ready to go. Our cat Charlotte sometimes “marks” the couch. I had to ensure there weren’t any yellow spots, and we were pee-free.

My sofa really sucks. It saw better days a decade ago, but it has great sentimental value. I was a contestant on “Jeopardy!” in 1985, the first season it returned, and back then the second- and third-place people won merchandise prizes. My queen-size La-Z-Boy sleeper sofa was my second-place prize. I filmed my appearance in October ’84, but it didn’t air until January ’85, and the prizes didn’t start arriving for a few months after that. It’s been a good couch, and not bad for sleeping. I slept on it for about a week when I had pneumonia in 1991.

I realize this has nothing to do with weight-loss surgery, but sometimes I get distracted by shiny things. Even non-shiny things.

Tonight, for sure, I’m making pizza, and I’ll let you know how it looked.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment