Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Back to normalish


Got sleep last night. It was still difficult waking up, but at least I got a good 7 hours. I might still be in bed if my daughter didn’t have our puppy jump on the bed and attack me awake.

The plan tonight is to get at least 7 hours. We’ll see.

I’ve often read of the link between not getting enough sleep and obesity. There’s probably some chemical reason, but I think we also self-treat by fueling our bodies in hopes of making us feel more awake. I believe I felt that effect during my sleepless day. I was so hungry yesterday that I ate too much, and felt worse for it. I tried to eat a breakfast burrito, but it came back up before I got to work. Lunch was OK, but I was hungry on the way home and got a couple of tacos. Same result. I was out of plastic bags in the car and had to pull over to take care of the pressure. I hate when that happens. As a result, today I have a sore throat and I bit my lip, so it’s swollen.

Oh, moderation, why are you so hard to practice? But I suppose if I could master that, I wouldn’t be in the predicament I’m in these days.

The result of my horrid couple of days is that I still lost some weight. I’m down 91.1 pounds. I’d rather lose a couple of ounces a day than go through what I did the past couple days. But a loss is a loss.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia

    I hesitate to give you advice since you're obviously succeeding, but I try to substitute vegies, fruit and whole grains as an alternative to fried foods (I don't always succeed). They seem to sustain me longer. I've managed to lose 50 pounds in the last year (I hear it's easier for men).

    The hardest part is finding the time to prepare them before going to work.

    Of course, I'm ignorant of the restrictions you may have with a lap-band so forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about :)

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete